* i18n and barking dogs
@ 1997-12-31  0:33 Kai Grossjohann
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-12-31  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Franklin Lee

Franklin is writing pop3-biff.el and he thinks that the appropriate
thing to do is to let it bark when new mail arrives.  (See the Jargon
File if you don't think that this is appropriate.)

Of course, barking in English is easy: "woof!" will do fine.  But
nowadays, i18n is called for; German users expect it to "wau!" or
"wuff!", for instance.

Can you help with other languages?

Oh yes, and surely we do not want to alienate a significant amount of
our user population, so I think Klingon and Esperanto as well as maybe
Swahili are very important languages!

tia,
kai
--