* reading mail via IMAP and GSSAPI not available anymore?
@ 2011-03-04 17:23 Par Kurlberg
From: Par Kurlberg @ 2011-03-04 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

The "old" (v5.13) way of getting mail via imap/gssapi, namely adding

(nnimap-stream gssapi)
(nnimap-authenticator  gssapi)

fails with the error

> Warning: Opening nnimap server on KTH...failed: ; Unable to open
> server nnimap+KTH due to: Unknown stream type: gssapi

Perhaps this is not surprising given the docstring for nnimap-stream,
namely

> How nnimap will talk to the IMAP server.
> Values are `ssl', `network', `starttls' or `shell'.
> The default is to try `ssl' first, and then `network'.

Does this mean gssapi is gone?  If not, how does one configure gnus to
get it to work?  (In imap.el there seems to be plenty of code handling
gssapi.)

Best,
Par

* Re: reading mail via IMAP and GSSAPI not available anymore?
@ 2011-03-05 10:07 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-03-05 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Par Kurlberg <kurlberg@math.kth.se> writes:

> Does this mean gssapi is gone?

Yes.  I didn't think anybody used gssapi any more.  Do you have any
pointers to the gssapi docs, and do you know a server that has gssapi
that I could have a test account on?  :-)

* Re: reading mail via IMAP and GSSAPI not available anymore?
@ 2013-09-27  3:11   ` Elias Martenson
From: Elias Martenson @ 2013-09-27  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi <at> gnus.org> writes:

> Par Kurlberg <kurlberg <at> math.kth.se> writes:
>
> > Does this mean gssapi is gone?
>
> Yes.  I didn't think anybody used gssapi any more.  Do you have any
> pointers to the gssapi docs, and do you know a server that has gssapi
> that I could have a test account on?

I've spent some time trying to figure out why the gssapi authentication
doesn't work (even though it's mentioned here:
http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_208.html), when I came across the message
above.

What I can tell you is that Microsoft Exchange 2010 uses GSSAPI for
authentication.

Is there some convenient way I can get it to work?