* gnus-article-html and copying links
@ 2010-09-01 20:40 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2010-09-01 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Here is another weird usecase from me: Sometimes I read gwene group by
ssh'ing to my machine at home and starting a remote XEmacs frame with
gnuclient.

With w3m rendering the articles, When a link seemed interesting, I would
right click on it and choose "Copy link location", so I could go to a
local Firefox window and paste the URL to see the link.

(Clicking on the link opens it in Firefox on the remote machine, which
is of no use to me, not being there).

With gnus-article-html, I can't see how I can easily copy the URL of a
link - could a shortcut or a right-click menu og something be added?

Right now I hover over the link, read the (always looooong) URL in the
mini-buffer, move the mouse towards it and "Oh no, it disappeared". Or I
right-click the link, and then "Oh no, I just opened _another_ tab on
the machine at home".

Long story, but isn't that the point of a "usecase"?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "det sista som skall tystna                                  Adam Sjøgren
  är musiken i mitt huvud"                               asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: gnus-article-html and copying links
@ 2010-09-01 20:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-01 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> With w3m rendering the articles, When a link seemed interesting, I would
> right click on it and choose "Copy link location", so I could go to a
> local Firefox window and paste the URL to see the link.

Yes, that's be really nice.  Gnus uses the widget library to do the help
echo and stuff...  does it have a "Copy help echo text" option, by any
chance?