* Where is "no more unread articles"?
@ 2006-04-14  5:42 Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2006-04-14  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have bound a key to LR RET LS RET to have a one-key lowering of
score of a thread.
I have been searching for the term "No more articles" to find out how
to add the same functionality as n and k have when the last post in a
group has been reached.

But I simply can't find it in the gnus source. Where should I look and
how can I add the last message test to the key binding?

tia,
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html

* Re: Where is "no more unread articles"?
@ 2006-04-14  6:01 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-14  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Elmegaard <be@mek.dtu.dk> writes:

> I have been searching for the term "No more articles" to find out how
> to add the same functionality as n and k have when the last post in a
> group has been reached.
>
> But I simply can't find it in the gnus source. Where should I look and
> how can I add the last message test to the key binding?

It's in `gnus-summary-next-article'.

However, you should probably just write some code that calls
`gnus-summary-next-subject' and see what that returns.

* Re: Where is "no more unread articles"?
@ 2006-04-14  9:09   ` Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2006-04-14  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It's in `gnus-summary-next-article'.

Ahh, now I see it. The %s made my searches unsuccessful.

Actually, I don't see why I need it. I have
(fset 'gnus-score-down-subject-and-references
   [?L ?R return ?L ?S return ?k])
in my _emacs.

It works fine, but the k is somehow not used when I am at the last
article. Without ?k it stays at the current thread, with?k the next is
selected unless I am at the last article, then I need to hit k
myself. Do you have any idea why?

tia,

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-16 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Elmegaard <be@mek.dtu.dk> writes:

> Actually, I don't see why I need it. I have
> (fset 'gnus-score-down-subject-and-references
>    [?L ?R return ?L ?S return ?k])
> in my _emacs.
>
> It works fine, but the k is somehow not used when I am at the last
> article. Without ?k it stays at the current thread, with?k the next is
> selected unless I am at the last article, then I need to hit k
> myself. Do you have any idea why?

No, it seems rather odd.  I can't see anything in either command that
would make it behave differently on the last summary line than any
other line.

* Re: Where is "no more unread articles"?
@ 2006-04-17  5:50       ` Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2006-04-17  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> No, it seems rather odd.

Have you confirmed it?

> I can't see anything in either command that would make it behave
> differently on the last summary line than any other line.

I probably have to live with it.

--

@ 2006-04-17  9:05         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-17  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Elmegaard <be@mek.dtu.dk> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> No, it seems rather odd.
>
> Have you confirmed it?

Nope.  It seems to work for me when I use it...