* nnyahoo?  Any way to read Yahoo message boards in gnus?
@ 2005-05-25 18:56 Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2005-05-25 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any way to read Yahoo message boards in gnus?

For example,

    http://messages.yahoo.com/?action=q&board=IBM

Gnus' threading plus the handy 'k' key would make it so much easier to
kill off irrelevant threads.

Ted
--
 Ted Stern                                 Applications Group
 Cray Inc.                               office: 206-701-2182

 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal
 (The Paleontological Society motto, equally apropos for debugging)

* Re: nnyahoo?  Any way to read Yahoo message boards in gnus?
@ 2006-04-14 13:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-14 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Stern <stern+gnus@cray.com> writes:

> Is there any way to read Yahoo message boards in gnus?
>
> For example,
>
>     http://messages.yahoo.com/?action=q&board=IBM

Web scraping modes are a pain to maintain, so unless there's anybody
with an active interest in Yahoo message boards, it's probably not
going to happen.

* Re: nnyahoo?  Any way to read Yahoo message boards in gnus?
@ 2006-04-14 20:42   ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2006-04-14 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ted Stern <stern+gnus@cray.com> writes:
>
>> Is there any way to read Yahoo message boards in gnus?
>>
>> For example,
>>
>>     http://messages.yahoo.com/?action=q&board=IBM
>
> Web scraping modes are a pain to maintain, so unless there's anybody
> with an active interest in Yahoo message boards, it's probably not
> going to happen.

And it wouldn't make much sense. You can get the messages via mail
directly or use rss
(http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/rss/rss-02.html) either natively
with Gnus or converted to mails with rss2email
(http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/rss2email/ <= great stuff)

Greetings,
Frank

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough