I recently discovered the tree buffer which can be displayed together with the summary. I can even tell it to minimize the buffer (which in fact doesn't minimize, but adjust to the needed size). But when I read longer articles and press SPACE for the first time, the tree buffer always becomes 0.25 of the frame height (from gnus-win.el:gnus-configure-frame and gnus-configure-windows). So these might need a fix (anyone with spare time out there?): - (setq gnus-tree-minimize t) results in minimizing not height adjustment in general - SPACE and related doesn't mix up the tree frame height Best regards, Sascha -- Insanity is never having to say "your crazy."