* html mail not displayed
@ 1999-04-20 19:58 David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1999-04-20 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm. I just received a mail with content-type text/html. It got
displayed as text/plain. I have previously had html-mails being
displayed correctly. After checking the headers I realized that simply
adding Content-Transfer-Encoding to the non-displayed mail fixed the
problem.

Also, "W h" should probably be removed since it doesn't work
anymore. And when while I am talking html - I have a suggestion for
hyperlinks (ie all http://, not just in html-mails). What about having
a menu on the right mouse button like:

Open URL
Open URL with external program
        (I prefer to view pages in netscape)
Copy URL to cutbuffer
        (copy the URL to the X cut buffer to be pasted in any program)

Or something like that.
--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
We can embody the truth, but we cannot know it.

* Re: html mail not displayed
@ 1999-06-12  3:02 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-06-12  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> Hmm. I just received a mail with content-type text/html. It got
> displayed as text/plain. I have previously had html-mails being
> displayed correctly. After checking the headers I realized that simply
> adding Content-Transfer-Encoding to the non-displayed mail fixed the
> problem.

Could you uuencode and forward me the offending article?

> And when while I am talking html - I have a suggestion for
> hyperlinks (ie all http://, not just in html-mails). What about having
> a menu on the right mouse button like:
>
> Open URL
> Open URL with external program
>         (I prefer to view pages in netscape)
> Copy URL to cutbuffer
>         (copy the URL to the X cut buffer to be pasted in any program)

Isn't that a browse-url issue?

* Re: html mail not displayed
@ 1999-06-13  8:14   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1999-06-13  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Could you uuencode and forward me the offending article?

Hmm. I don't know if I have it still, but I'll see if I can dig it up.

> > And when while I am talking html - I have a suggestion for
> > hyperlinks (ie all http://, not just in html-mails). What about having
> > a menu on the right mouse button like:
> >
> > Open URL
> > Open URL with external program
> >         (I prefer to view pages in netscape)
> > Copy URL to cutbuffer
> >         (copy the URL to the X cut buffer to be pasted in any program)
>
> Isn't that a browse-url issue?

Don't know, but I guess that's possible. In HTML mails it doesn't seem
like browse-url is used at all - links are always opened in w3.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Do not seek death; death will find you.  But seek the road which makes death