* Problem with compilation of pgnus 0.68
@ 1998-12-16 17:50 Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-12-16 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I had the following problems while I was compiling pgnus 0.68:

Compiling /home/shorty/work/pgnus/lisp/gnus-picon.el...
While compiling gnus-picons-url-retrieve in file /home/shorty/work/pgnus/lisp/gnus-picon.el:
** assignment to free variable url-be-asynchronous
** assignment to free variable url-current-callback-data
** assignment to free variable url-current-callback-func
While compiling gnus-picons-network-display-callback:
** reference to free variable url-current-mime-type
** reference to free variable w3-image-mappings
While compiling the end of the data:
** the function url-retrieve is not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/shorty/work/pgnus/lisp/gnus-picon.elc

The problem is, that I haven't installed w3, because I don't need this
package. Could some make a function which checks if this package is
available or not and then change the process of compilation? I'm very
bad in lisp, so I don't know if this is possible or not (but I'm trying
to learn lisp).

Christian
--
Das Recht auf Dummheit gehört zur Garantie der freien Entfaltung
der Persönlichkeit.                                   Mark Twain

* Re: Problem with compilation of pgnus 0.68
@ 1998-12-17  9:02 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1998-12-17  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

  > I had the following problems while I was compiling pgnus 0.68:

These are warnings only, don't be scared.

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser

* Re: Problem with compilation of pgnus 0.68
@ 1998-12-17 17:28   ` Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-12-17 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE wrote:

> Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
>
>   > I had the following problems while I was compiling pgnus 0.68:
>
> These are warnings only, don't be scared.

I'm not scared about it, but I think that I could be a problem that can
be solved by someone who can programm in lisp (I'm not a lisp
programmer, I'm only learning). I think that there is a possibilty to
build function which checks for an installed w3-package or not and then
changes the compilation process. Could this be made in lisp?

Christian

* Re: Problem with compilation of pgnus 0.68
@ 1998-12-18 10:35     ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1998-12-18 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

  > [...] I think that there is a possibilty to build function which
  > checks for an installed w3-package or not and then changes the
  > compilation process. Could this be made in lisp?

Yes, this is possible, and it should be done, too.  It is not,
however, urgent, as the messages are only warnings.

Dunno if it's on Lars' todo list...

kai

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-12-18 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Dunno if it's on Lars' todo list...

It's fixed in 0.69.

* Re: Problem with compilation of pgnus 0.68
@ 1998-12-18 14:08     ` Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1998-12-18 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE wrote:

    >> These are warnings only, don't be scared.

Ah, Bach. "Fuerchte dich nicht, Ich bin bei dir ..."

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org