* shr links are not distinguished well from regular text
@ 2011-04-15 18:51 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-04-15 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On my machine, shr links look just like regular text, except they are a
little bolder.  By contrast, emacs-w3m renders links in a different
color (cyan), underlines them when point is on them, and sets the
background to a different color when the mouse is over the link.

I don't know shr.el well enough to make any of those happen, is there a
face for this?  I couldn't see a face setting in `shr-urlify'.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: shr links are not distinguished well from regular text
@ 2011-04-15 20:04 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2011-04-15 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

On Fri, Apr 15 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On my machine, shr links look just like regular text, except they are a
> little bolder.  By contrast, emacs-w3m renders links in a different
> color (cyan), underlines them when point is on them, and sets the
> background to a different color when the mouse is over the link.
>
> I don't know shr.el well enough to make any of those happen, is there a
> face for this?  I couldn't see a face setting in `shr-urlify'.

There'a link face in Emacs and shr should use it or use a font
thatinherit from it IMHO.

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: shr links are not distinguished well from regular text
@ 2011-05-01 16:16   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-01 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

>> On my machine, shr links look just like regular text, except they are a
>> little bolder.  By contrast, emacs-w3m renders links in a different
>> color (cyan), underlines them when point is on them, and sets the
>> background to a different color when the mouse is over the link.

Yes, sounds good.

>> I don't know shr.el well enough to make any of those happen, is there a
>> face for this?  I couldn't see a face setting in `shr-urlify'.
>
> There'a link face in Emacs and shr should use it or use a font
> thatinherit from it IMHO.

shr.el uses `widget-convert-button' so that the URLs are rendered the
same as all other widget buttons.  But URLs should probably get extra
attention, so `shr-urlify' should put some extra fonts onto the region
in question.

* Re: shr links are not distinguished well from regular text
@ 2011-05-02 17:14     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-05-02 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 01 May 2011 18:16:24 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> shr.el uses `widget-convert-button' so that the URLs are rendered the
LMI> same as all other widget buttons.  But URLs should probably get extra
LMI> attention, so `shr-urlify' should put some extra fonts onto the region
LMI> in question.

Will you do it or should I?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-02 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> LMI> shr.el uses `widget-convert-button' so that the URLs are rendered the
> LMI> same as all other widget buttons.  But URLs should probably get extra
> LMI> attention, so `shr-urlify' should put some extra fonts onto the region
> LMI> in question.
>
> Will you do it or should I?

Please go ahead.  :-)

* Re: shr links are not distinguished well from regular text
@ 2011-05-03 14:26         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-05-03 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 02 May 2011 19:20:39 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
LMI> shr.el uses `widget-convert-button' so that the URLs are rendered the
LMI> same as all other widget buttons.  But URLs should probably get extra
LMI> attention, so `shr-urlify' should put some extra fonts onto the region
LMI> in question.
>>
>> Will you do it or should I?

LMI> Please go ahead.  :-)

I don't know faces too well so I'm not sure if what I did is OK or not.
It looks broken--I don't see that face used after loading the code.  Can
you please take a look?

Thanks
Ted