* Re: Podcasts in gwene ?
       [not found] <87wrpe4abk.fsf@EVA01.wopr.org>
@ 2010-10-19 16:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-19 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmane-discuss; +Cc: ding

e20100633 <e20100633@inbox.lv> writes:

> So in this way we can say that gwene isn't actually fully supporting the
> /podcasts feeds/. I understand that the big difference between RSS blog
> feeds and podcasts feeds is that podcasts feed have an <enclosure url />
> which content the URL of the media.

Do you have an example group that displays this behaviour?

> PS: In my fantasy I am dreaming that gnus see those media as an
> attachment and so we'll be able to download the content with 'K o' (in
> gnus) -- like I already download my attachment with gnus+imap. But maybe
> that is too much.

Well, shr could have a download command to just start url.el in the
background and save the thing under point to a file?

* Re: Podcasts in gwene ?
@ 2010-10-19 20:57   ` e20100633
From: e20100633 @ 2010-10-19 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmane-discuss; +Cc: ding

Hello Lars,

> e20100633 <e20100633@inbox.lv> writes:
>
>> So in this way we can say that gwene isn't actually fully supporting the
>> /podcasts feeds/. I understand that the big difference between RSS blog
>> feeds and podcasts feeds is that podcasts feed have an <enclosure url />
>> which content the URL of the media.
>
> Do you have an example group that displays this behaviour?

I'm not sure I have correctly understood your question, but I give it a
try :

Do you mean a group added by me where articles show the description but
not the content media attached to it ?

Yes, I've added 4/5 podcasts feeds, I give you an example :

gwene.fr.franceculture.lundi-histoire
(http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_10193.xml)

When I subscribe to this group, I see an article named "La prostitution
au Moyen Age". The body of this article is the content of the
<description> found in the feed. Ok no news here.

When we :

$ wget -q -O - http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_10193.xml | \
       grep enclosure

we have a result like that :

<enclosure url="http://rf.proxycast.org/m/(...)audio/mpeg"  />

(I've cutted it, the URL is very long). So the media, the mp3, related
to this article can be found at this URL.

So the idea here is to see _in_ the body, the <description> like it is
now in gwene but too, at the bottom of the body for example, a link to
the URL pointed by <enclosure url=.

Other groups like that (added by me) are :
 - gwene.fr.franceculture.*
 - gwene.com.radio666.podcast.trafalgar

I hope I've answered to your question.

>> PS: In my fantasy I am dreaming that gnus see those media as an
>> attachment and so we'll be able to download the content with 'K o' (in
>> gnus) -- like I already download my attachment with gnus+imap. But maybe
>> that is too much.
>
> Well, shr could have a download command to just start url.el in the
> background and save the thing under point to a file?

I don't know what shr is, I made some research without any success. But
for the rest, yes I was thinking of this kind of behavior, like
emacs-wget does from emacs-w3m for example (or actually like does the
download feature of emacs-w3m which permit you to continue your surf
while your download is processing...).

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

--
e20100633@inbox.lv

* Re: Podcasts in gwene ?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-19 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmane-discuss; +Cc: ding

e20100633 <e20100633@inbox.lv> writes:

> <enclosure url="http://rf.proxycast.org/m/(...)audio/mpeg"  />

Ok; I've now added this to the Gwene parser.

* Re: Podcasts in gwene ?
@ 2010-10-19 21:44       ` e20100633
From: e20100633 @ 2010-10-19 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmane-discuss; +Cc: ding

> e20100633 <e20100633@inbox.lv> writes:
>
>> <enclosure url="http://rf.proxycast.org/m/(...)audio/mpeg"  />
>
> Ok; I've now added this to the Gwene parser.

OMG, amazing, thank you very much for your help and your answers. Your
responsiveness is very appreciated here. Again, thank you for your work
and your support on gwene :)

Sincerely yours,

--
e20100633@inbox.lv