From: Pavel@Janik.cz (Pavel Janík)
Subject: display-time-mail-function and GNU Emacs 21
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:46:57 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

GNU Emacs 21.1 supports display-time-mail-icon and similar stuff which
allows you to display a mail icon in the mode-line if you have new
mail. Do we have any generic way to check, if the user has new mail?

GNU Emacs has display-time-mail-function which is the function to call, for
indicating existence of new mail. And this could be hooked together with
some Gnus function. Do we have generic one for all backends? Should we
have one?

I use procmail to sort my files, so I have written a function to check if
there is any file with non-zero length and am using it. But it would be
nice if it could be done automagically ;-)
--
Pavel Janík

panic("Lucy in the sky....");
                  -- 2.2.16 arch/sparc64/kernel/starfire.c