* clari.* news groups feature request
@ 2001-08-29 14:18 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2001-08-29 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

This one is probably useless to 99% of the Gnus users, but I thought
I'd ask...  How can I make Gnus automatically expire all but the
newest article in a group?  I like to read only the latest news in,
say, clari.news.briefs, and older news articles are not interesting.

I could do this in Lisp, but I don't know enough of the language.  Any
hints appreciated.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: clari.* news groups feature request
@ 2001-08-29 16:44 ` Gerd Flaig
From: Gerd Flaig @ 2001-08-29 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@northernlight.com> writes:

> This one is probably useless to 99% of the Gnus users, but I thought
> I'd ask...  How can I make Gnus automatically expire all but the
> newest article in a group?  I like to read only the latest news in,
> say, clari.news.briefs, and older news articles are not interesting.

did you try selecting the last article and then 'M H'?

    Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
Gerd Flaig                     Technik                gerd@schlund.de
Bei Schlund + Partner AG       Erbprinzenstr. 4-12  D-76133 Karlsruhe

* Re: clari.* news groups feature request
@ 2001-08-29 18:16   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2001-08-29 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Gerd Flaig <gerd@schlund.de> writes:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@northernlight.com> writes:
>
>> This one is probably useless to 99% of the Gnus users, but I thought
>> I'd ask...  How can I make Gnus automatically expire all but the
>> newest article in a group?  I like to read only the latest news in,
>> say, clari.news.briefs, and older news articles are not interesting.
>
> did you try selecting the last article and then 'M H'?

Essentially that's what I want to do, but through the group entry
hook, not manually :)

Thanks
Ted