* Problem with viewing Msgs containing HTML
@ 1999-09-15 17:18 Thomas Hungenberg
From: Thomas Hungenberg @ 1999-09-15 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I use PGnus 0.95 in XEmacs 20.4.

When I select a posting which contains HTML stuff I always
get the following error message:

Symbols's value as variable is void: w3-meta-content-type-charset-regexp

What can I do about that?

      - Thomas

--
Thomas Hungenberg -- Student of Applied Computer Science
Private homepage: http://home.pages.de/~th/ -- ICQ-UIN: #3294439

* Re: Problem with viewing Msgs containing HTML
@ 1999-09-15 18:48 ` Toni Drabik
From: Toni Drabik @ 1999-09-15 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Hungenberg <th@demonium.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I use PGnus 0.95 in XEmacs 20.4.
>
> When I select a posting which contains HTML stuff I always
> get the following error message:
>
> Symbols's value as variable is void: w3-meta-content-type-charset-regexp
>

> What can I do about that?

Try upgrading to 0.96, for start. I think it's solved there.

--
Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr>
Warning: This article may be fatal if swallowed.

* Re: Problem with viewing Msgs containing HTML
@ 1999-09-15 19:07   ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-09-15 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and

* Re: Problem with viewing Msgs containing HTML
@ 1999-09-15 21:15   ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 1999-09-15 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Toni> Thomas Hungenberg <th@demonium.de> writes:
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I use PGnus 0.95 in XEmacs 20.4.
    >>
    >> When I select a posting which contains HTML stuff I always
    >> get the following error message:
    >>
    >> Symbols's value as variable is void: w3-meta-content-type-charset-regexp
    >>

    >> What can I do about that?

    Toni> Try upgrading to 0.96, for start. I think it's solved there.

If that doesn't work, check your version of w3 and upgrade if it's
less than w3-4.0pre.39 or so.  There was a bug like that in the w3
html parsing that got fixed.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574

* Re: Problem with viewing Msgs containing HTML
@ 1999-09-16 12:06     ` Mark Buda
From: Mark Buda @ 1999-09-16 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Rat> * Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr> on Wed, 15 Sep 1999 |
    Rat> Try upgrading to 0.96, for start. I think it's solved there.

    Rat> Unfortunately 0.96 has problems [...]

All you need to fix this is the function mm-inline-text from
mm-view.el from 0.96. And I think that is the only function in the
file that has changed, and fixing this appears to have been the only
change, so you could just use the whole file.
--
I get my monkeys for nothing and my chimps for free.
http://www.clark.net/pub/hermit/