* request for simple handler or batch job to get mail/news
@ 2004-06-30 21:02 Harry Putnam
       [not found] ` <hhk6xoctu3.fsf@blah.pl>
From: Harry Putnam @ 2004-06-30 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to see some examples of what people use to automatically get
mail/news when gnus is running.

I once had a batch job run from cron that did it and then passed the
info to an uplugged gnus instance.  That was pretty good but could
get sort of out of sync.  And you had to batch outgoing stuff too.

I'm thinking handlers can do this, but it seems you'd want something
to run on a time schedule not related to when emacs is idle.

Anyway, can we see some examples known to be trouble free or close that
people are using to get news/mail every so often?