* Hybrid NNTP/SMTP group?
@ 2004-01-28  1:05 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2004-01-28  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been using Gmane for a while now for a number of the mailing lists
I belong to, and overall, I'm happy with the results.

Good job, Lars!

I'm wondering, however, if there's a way to configure a group so that
articles that are posted get sent via SMTP directly to the mailing list,
but that I read the messages using NNTP from news.gmane.org.

The reason for this is that sometimes I notice a significant time lag
between the time that Gmane accepts my message and the time that it
shows up in the mailing list.  However, messages that appear in the
mailing list via other sources seem to get back to me in a timely
fashion via NNTP from Gmane.

I'm pretty sure that I can hack something up to force a post to go to a
particular email address via SMTP even though the select method is nntp,
but I'm wondering if this capability already exists within Gnus.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com