* having a problem with group subscription and unsubscription
@ 2021-07-28 12:26 John Covici
From: John Covici @ 2021-07-28 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi.  I am having problems with subscribing and unsubscribing to new
groups.

I have
'(gnus-browse-subscribe-newsgroup-method
'gnus-subscribe-hierarchically)
'(gnus-subscribe-hierarchical-interactive t)
 '(gnus-subscribe-newsgroup-method 'gnus-subscribe-hierarchically)

Now when I start gnus, I get the buffer which contains the groups I
am subscribed to.  Now, what I have been doing which is probably wrong
is to hit ^ to go to the server buffer,  find the server I want to
look at and hit enter.  Then the active file is read and I get a K for
each group on the server and nothing for each group I am subscribed
to.  The variables I mentioned above seem to have no effect, so wha am
I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How do
you spend it?