* contributing
@ 2011-07-02 15:06 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-07-02 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'll soon have some (mostly documentation) patches I'd like to
contribute.  What's the prescribed way to submit patches to Gnus?

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: contributing
@ 2011-07-02 15:36 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-07-02 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> I'll soon have some (mostly documentation) patches I'd like to
> contribute.  What's the prescribed way to submit patches to Gnus?

If you don't have git commit access, posting the patches here would be
the best way.

Do you have FSF copyright assignment papers for Emacs on file?

* Re: contributing
@ 2011-07-03  2:09   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-07-03  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Sat Jul 02 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:
>
>> I'll soon have some (mostly documentation) patches I'd like to
>> contribute.  What's the prescribed way to submit patches to Gnus?
>
> If you don't have git commit access, posting the patches here would be
> the best way.

I don't have commit access on your repository.  I'll be pushing my
changes in a publicly-visible repository on GitHub, though.  It would be
easiest for me to drop pointers here to topic branches in that
repository, but I'm happy to submit patches as well.

> Do you have FSF copyright assignment papers for Emacs on file?

I don't know about "on file" but years ago I went through the process of
approving the use of my Emacs contributions.  It's been so long that I
don't remember whether it involved any physical paper.  I hope that's
better than "completely unhelpful" :-)

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: contributing
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-07-03 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: ding, copyright-clerk

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

>> Do you have FSF copyright assignment papers for Emacs on file?
>
> I don't know about "on file" but years ago I went through the process of
> approving the use of my Emacs contributions.  It's been so long that I
> don't remember whether it involved any physical paper.  I hope that's
> better than "completely unhelpful" :-)

I've Cc'd this message to the copyright clerk.

Does Dave Abrahams have assignment papers on file for Emacs code?