* Failure in info node?
@ 2003-12-28 17:49 Karl Pflästerer
From: Karl Pflästerer @ 2003-12-28 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
if you read about advanced scoring in info://gnus/Advanced+Scoring+Examples
you can read
,----
|    Let's say you want to increase the score of articles written by Lars
| when he's talking about Gnus:
|
|      ((&
|        ("from" "Lars Ingebrigtsen")
|        ("subject" "Gnus"))
|       1000)
`----

I tried that but it didn't work for me; what's lacking is the
declaration of the match type (substring, regexp ...).  Is this an error
in the docs or are these declarations under some circumstances optional?

   KP

--
My other car's a cdr.

* Re: Failure in info node?
@ 2003-12-29 17:49 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-12-29 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Dec 28 2003, Karl Pflästerer wrote:

> ,----
> |    Let's say you want to increase the score of articles written by Lars
> | when he's talking about Gnus:
> |
> |      ((&
> |        ("from" "Lars Ingebrigtsen")
> |        ("subject" "Gnus"))
> |       1000)
> `----
>
> I tried that but it didn't work for me; what's lacking is the
> declaration of the match type (substring, regexp ...).  Is this an error
> in the docs or are these declarations under some circumstances optional?

The following score file works for me.  Note the additional pair of
parentheses as stated in (info "(gnus)Advanced Scoring Examples"):

,----[ gmane.discuss.SCORE ]
| (((&
|   ("from" "Steinar")
|   ("subject" "spam"))
|   3000))
`----

`V t' gives the expected result:

,----
| ((& ("from" "Steinar") ("subject" "spam")) 3000)  ->  A file
`----

Also for non-advanced scoring, only the first element required:

,----[ (info "(gnus)Score File Format") ]
| `STRING'
|      If the key is a string, it is the name of the header to perform the
|      match on.  [...]
|
|      Following this key is an arbitrary number of score entries, where
|      each score entry has one to four elements.
|        1. The first element is the "match element".  On most headers
|           this will be a string, but on the Lines and Chars headers,
|           this must be an integer.
|
|        2. If the second element is present, it should be a number--the
|           "score element".  [...]  If this element
|           is not present, the `gnus-score-interactive-default-score'
|           number will be used instead.  This is 1000 by default.
`----

This example also works for me:

,----[ gmane.discuss.SCORE ]
| (("from"
|   ("Lars" -1))
|  ((&
|   ("from" "Steinar")
|   ("subject" "spam"))
|   3000))
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Failure in info node?
@ 2003-12-29 20:02   ` Karl Pflästerer
From: Karl Pflästerer @ 2003-12-29 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 Dec 2003, Reiner Steib <- 4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de wrote:

> The following score file works for me.  Note the additional pair of
> parentheses as stated in (info "(gnus)Advanced Scoring Examples"):

Naturally I had them included. But I'll try it again sometimes.  But if
it works it's no error in the docs.

   KP

--
 He took his vorpal sword in hand: