* Looking for HOWTO docs for Gnus-to-Gmane
@ 2003-11-08 21:36 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-11-08 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm just now getting around to hooking myself up to Gmane.  I'm on a few
SourceForge-based mailing lists that also exist on Gmane, and I'd like
to escape from SourceForge and subscribe to these lists' NNTP Gmane
versions for reading and posting via Gnus.

Could someone point me to something HOWTO-like that describes how to do
this using Gnus?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Looking for HOWTO docs for Gnus-to-Gmane
@ 2003-11-09  9:46 ` Sebastian D.B. Krause
From: Sebastian D.B. Krause @ 2003-11-09  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> wrote:
> I'm just now getting around to hooking myself up to Gmane.  I'm on a few
> SourceForge-based mailing lists that also exist on Gmane, and I'd like
> to escape from SourceForge and subscribe to these lists' NNTP Gmane
> versions for reading and posting via Gnus.
>
> Could someone point me to something HOWTO-like that describes how to do
> this using Gnus?

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nntp "news.gmane.org")
        (nntp "another.newsserver.com")))

Then type 'A A', find your groups and subscribe them with
'U'. Done.

* Never mind (was: Looking for HOWTO docs for Gnus-to-Gmane)
@ 2003-11-09 17:07 ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-11-09 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> I'm just now getting around to hooking myself up to Gmane.  I'm on a few
> SourceForge-based mailing lists that also exist on Gmane, and I'd like
> to escape from SourceForge and subscribe to these lists' NNTP Gmane
> versions for reading and posting via Gnus.
>
> Could someone point me to something HOWTO-like that describes how to do
> this using Gnus?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I figured it out.  It was about 10 zillion times easier than I thought
it would be.  Once I figured out that Gmane is a news-to-mailing-list
gateway (duh!), I realized that the whole process is standard Gnus
operating procedure.

To Lars: good job with Gmane!

--
 Lloyd Zusman