* heh...  xmosaic is still in use?
@ 2003-06-16 16:58 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2003-06-16 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just glancing through a random .el file looking for how add-hooks are
done for initialization within a package (more on some new code in
another post) when I discovered that the gnus-uu-default-view-rules
variable still has "xmosaic" as the default viewer for .html files ;-)
Gave me a good chuckle.

Also, as long as I'm talking about uudecoding, anyone know why 'K o'
(my normal save keystrokes) for uuencoded files doesn't decode it
first?  It saves it fully uuencoded instead of saving the decoded
file.  It seems inconsistent since base64 encoding doesn't work this
way.

* Re: heh...  xmosaic is still in use?
@ 2003-10-17 23:42 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-17 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net> writes:

> Just glancing through a random .el file looking for how add-hooks are
> done for initialization within a package (more on some new code in
> another post) when I discovered that the gnus-uu-default-view-rules
> variable still has "xmosaic" as the default viewer for .html files ;-)
> Gave me a good chuckle.

:-)

I don't think the gnus-uu code has been touched since the early
nineties...

> Also, as long as I'm talking about uudecoding, anyone know why 'K o'
> (my normal save keystrokes) for uuencoded files doesn't decode it
> first?  It saves it fully uuencoded instead of saving the decoded
> file.  It seems inconsistent since base64 encoding doesn't work this
> way.

Yes, that doesn't seem, er, optimal.  But I don't have any uuencoded
messages to test with at the moment...  Could you post such an
article here?