Simon Josefsson writes: > David Hedbor writes: > > > What I wonder is how I can "gauge" this to see what it is that takes > > so long time. Any hints? > > M-x elp-instrument-package RET gnus RET, fetch new mail, M-x > elp-results. It's quite useful. > > ('nn', 'mail', 'message' are other packages you'd might want to > instrument too.) Ok, did this. Does this make any sense to you gnus/elisp gurus? -- [ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ] A couch is as good as a chair.