* message/gnus-msg - encoding
@ 1999-11-30  5:05 Karl EICHWALDER
From: Karl EICHWALDER @ 1999-11-30  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I start to compose a mail message with `message-mail', the mail will
be send as quoted-printable if it contains "interesting" characters.
The encoding (q-p) doesn't happen, if I you Gnus commands (e.g.,
`gnus-summary-mail-other-window').

That's okay for news postings.  For all 8bit mail postings I'd like to
use q-p (or base64, in cases where base64 is more appropriate).  How
could this be done, please?

IMO, it's a bug that Gnus sends 8bit mail messages as-is; as long as we
don't know for sure that all MTAs are 8bit clean, the default should be
a 7bit transfer encoding.  If the user thinks, 8bit is okay, he should
feel free to customize Gnus.  Or is it me who has done something stupid?
There are so many variables... ;)

--
work    : ke@suse.de                          |
        : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |       ------    ,__o

* Re: message/gnus-msg - encoding
@ 1999-12-01 22:25 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-01 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl EICHWALDER <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:

> If I start to compose a mail message with `message-mail', the mail will
> be send as quoted-printable if it contains "interesting" characters.
> The encoding (q-p) doesn't happen, if I you Gnus commands (e.g.,
> `gnus-summary-mail-other-window').

I think this has been fixed in 0.99.

* Re: message/gnus-msg - encoding
@ 1999-12-04  5:14   ` Karl EICHWALDER
From: Karl EICHWALDER @ 1999-12-04  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

|   > If I start to compose a mail message with `message-mail', the mail will
|   > be send as quoted-printable if it contains "interesting" characters.
|   > The encoding (q-p) doesn't happen, if I you Gnus commands (e.g.,
|   > `gnus-summary-mail-other-window').

|   I think this has been fixed in 0.99.

No, it is not.  I I do follow-ups on mailings list article, 8bit is
used.

This is a "Täst" (with german umlaut).

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-04  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl EICHWALDER <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:

> No, it is not.  I I do follow-ups on mailings list article, 8bit is
> used.
>
> This is a "Täst" (with german umlaut).

Yup.  Fix in Gnus v5.8.3.