* Dreaded draft duplication
@ 1999-01-18 17:46 Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1999-01-18 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I sometimes edit a message, save it, bury it, forget about it.

Later, I find the message in my draft group, `D e' it. If I did not
kill the message buffer back when, I still get *another* buffer with a
copy of the message in it. I can send away in that buffer, the
original buffer remains. This seems wrong somehow.

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>

* Re: Dreaded draft duplication
@ 1999-01-19 23:27 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-19 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Bihlmeyer <e9426626@stud2.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Later, I find the message in my draft group, `D e' it. If I did not
> kill the message buffer back when, I still get *another* buffer with a
> copy of the message in it. I can send away in that buffer, the
> original buffer remains. This seems wrong somehow.

Hm.  I don't quite know what to do about that, if anything.

* Re: Dreaded draft duplication
@ 1999-01-20 21:45   ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-01-20 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > Hm.  I don't quite know what to do about that, if anything.

Entering groups from the Group buffer will reuse summary buffers if
appropriate.  Dunno how you do this, but presumably you just walk all
buffers searching for the right one.  Can't you do that for draft
editing buffers, too?

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]

* Re: Dreaded draft duplication
@ 1999-01-21  9:26     ` Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-01-21  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>   > Hm.  I don't quite know what to do about that, if anything.
>
> Entering groups from the Group buffer will reuse summary buffers if
> appropriate.  Dunno how you do this, but presumably you just walk all
> buffers searching for the right one.  Can't you do that for draft
> editing buffers, too?

Except draft buffers aren't naamed as such, they're just normail *mail*
or *mail<2>* buffers. Perhaps if we named them as *draft* etc. we could
do this? Lars?

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* Re: Dreaded draft duplication
@ 1999-01-21 11:13       ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1999-01-21 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 Lee> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:
 >> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
 >>
 >> > Hm. I don't quite know what to do about that, if anything.

What I'd like to see is D e "simply" bringing the right buffer to the
front.

 >> Entering groups from the Group buffer will reuse summary buffers
 >> if appropriate. Dunno how you do this, but presumably you just
 >> walk all buffers searching for the right one. Can't you do that
 >> for draft editing buffers, too?

 Lee> Except draft buffers aren't naamed as such, they're just normail
 Lee> *mail* or *mail<2>* buffers. Perhaps if we named them as *draft*
 Lee> etc. we could do this? Lars?

What about:
  (let ((find-file-compare-truenames nil))
     (get-file-buffer NAME-OF-DRAFT-FILE))
This should return the right buffer or nil, no?

	Robbe

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-23  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Entering groups from the Group buffer will reuse summary buffers if
> appropriate.  Dunno how you do this, but presumably you just walk all
> buffers searching for the right one.

No, Gnus checks whether there is any buffer called "*Summary
whatever*", and if so, it's used.

> Can't you do that for draft editing buffers, too?

Well, one could just go through all the buffers and see whether
there's any buffer that both 1) message-mode and 2) visiting the draft
file that you want to edit.

* Re: Dreaded draft duplication
@ 1999-01-23  8:12         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-23  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Bihlmeyer <e9426626@stud2.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> What about:
>   (let ((find-file-compare-truenames nil))
>      (get-file-buffer NAME-OF-DRAFT-FILE))
> This should return the right buffer or nil, no?

I think so; yes.