* g (gnus-group-get-new-news) doesn't honor the ARG for the virtual groups.
@ 2012-03-28 14:31 Vitalie Spinu
From: Vitalie Spinu @ 2012-03-28 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I have a virtual group at level 3 which contains two unsubscribed groups
at level 6.

When I hit "3 g" in group buffer the virtual group is not updated. If I
hit "6 g" it work but the unsubscribed groups are also shown in the
*group* buffer.

So I am asking myself, how can I update only groups with levels <= 3,
virtual or not (nnimap in my case)?

Thanks,
Vitalie.

(setq gnus-default-directory "~/Downloads/"
      gnus-save-newsrc-file nil
      gnus-read-newsrc-file nil
      gnus-use-dribble-file t
      gnus-interactive-exit nil
      gnus-save-killed-list nil)

(setq gnus-read-active-file 'some
      gnus-agent nil ;; gmail works better with nil?
      gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil  ;; something wrong with this,  it downloads all the headers each time.
      gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.org")
      gnus-asynchronous t
      gnus-use-cache t
      gnus-keep-backlog 5
      ;; gnus-group-use-permanent-levels nil
      )

Gnus from the latest git head
840686a Fix dependency between mm-archive.el and mm-decode.el Silence
compiler warnings issued when compiling in Emacs source tree

GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.0) of
2012-03-12 on protactinium, modified by Debian

* Re: g (gnus-group-get-new-news) doesn't honor the ARG for the virtual groups.
@ 2012-04-10 19:02 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-04-10 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitalie Spinu; +Cc: ding

Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a virtual group at level 3 which contains two unsubscribed groups
> at level 6.
>
> When I hit "3 g" in group buffer the virtual group is not updated. If I
> hit "6 g" it work but the unsubscribed groups are also shown in the
> *group* buffer.
>
> So I am asking myself, how can I update only groups with levels <= 3,
> virtual or not (nnimap in my case)?

If you add the nnimap server used for the two unsubscribed groups to
`gnus-secondary-select-methods', then things should work, I think.