* Expiring with gnus-parameters in .gnus
@ 2011-10-31 15:02 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2011-10-31 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When you use gnus-parameters to expire certain groups like in the code below:
-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
  (setq gnus-parameters
        '(("_ex$"
  ;;    '(("[Ss]pam[0-9]*$\\|_ex$"
  	 (total-expire . t)
  	 (expiry-wait . 18))
          ("_tr$"
           (total-expire . t)
  	 (expiry-wait . 90)
          (gnus-visible-headers
           (concat gnus-visible-headers "\\|^X-Spam-Report:.*_FARAWAY_"))
          ("_$"
  	 (total-expire . t)
  	 (expiry-wait . 340)))))
-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------

Do you actually have to open each group for the expiry to happen?

It appears so, since I see and expiry action take place when I open
such groups.

If that is true, then is there some other mechanism that will expire
groups without having to actually open each group?

* Re: Expiring with gnus-parameters in .gnus
@ 2011-11-03 22:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-11-03 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

> Do you actually have to open each group for the expiry to happen?

Yes.

> If that is true, then is there some other mechanism that will expire
> groups without having to actually open each group?

Uhm...  I don't think so?