* Why is " sendmail errors" deleted?
@ 2003-09-27 20:49 Joseph Barillari
From: Joseph Barillari @ 2003-09-27 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

While trying to diagnose an MTA problem, I noticed the following bit
at the end of message-send-mail-with-sendmail in message.el:

	      (if (not (zerop (buffer-size)))
		  (error "Sending...failed to %s"
			 (buffer-string))))))
      (when (bufferp errbuf)
	(kill-buffer errbuf)))))

Even if an error stopped the message-sending process, Gnus kills the
buffer containing sendmail's error messages. Is this intentional? Is
there another place to get this information?

Regards, --Joe

--
Joseph Barillari -- http://barillari.org

* Re: Why is " sendmail errors" deleted?
@ 2003-10-17 17:19 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-17 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joseph Barillari <jbarilla@princeton.edu> writes:

> Even if an error stopped the message-sending process, Gnus kills the
> buffer containing sendmail's error messages. Is this intentional?

Yes.

> Is there another place to get this information?

It'll be in the *Message-Log* buffer, since the `error' included the
contents of the buffer.