* how to write gnus-user-format-function-X that indicates 'ANSWERED'
@ 2002-11-12  0:05 Tony E. Bennett
From: Tony E. Bennett @ 2002-11-12  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

oort.07

I use cacheing extensively in my imap folders to speed access to
articles.  Works great except that the caching status obscures
any 'A' mark.

How do I check the answered status using the article param to
gnus-user-format-function-X?

eg:

(defun gnus-user-format-function-R (article)
  (if (gnus-some-function-of-article-answered article)
      "-A-"
    "-?-"))

--
--tony

* Re: how to write gnus-user-format-function-X that indicates 'ANSWERED'
@ 2002-11-12  6:16 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-11-12  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

tbennett@nvidia.com (Tony E. Bennett) writes:

> oort.07
>
> I use cacheing extensively in my imap folders to speed access to
> articles.  Works great except that the caching status obscures
> any 'A' mark.
>
> How do I check the answered status using the article param to
> gnus-user-format-function-X?
>
> eg:
>
> (defun gnus-user-format-function-R (article)
>   (if (gnus-some-function-of-article-answered article)
>       "-A-"
>     "-?-"))

Maybe this?

(defun gnus-user-format-function-R (article)
  (if (memq article gnus-newsgroup-replied)
      "-A-"
    "-?-"))

* Re: how to write gnus-user-format-function-X that indicates 'ANSWERED'
@ 2002-11-14 17:49   ` Tony E. Bennett
From: Tony E. Bennett @ 2002-11-14 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> tbennett@nvidia.com (Tony E. Bennett) writes:
>
>> oort.07
>>
>> I use cacheing extensively in my imap folders to speed access to
>> articles.  Works great except that the caching status obscures
>> any 'A' mark.
>>
>> How do I check the answered status using the article param to
>> gnus-user-format-function-X?
>>
>> eg:
>>
>> (defun gnus-user-format-function-R (article)
>>   (if (gnus-some-function-of-article-answered article)
>>       "-A-"
>>     "-?-"))
>
> Maybe this?
>
> (defun gnus-user-format-function-R (article)
>   (if (memq article gnus-newsgroup-replied)
>       "-A-"
>     "-?-"))

I named the variable poorly.  It should probably be named
'article-headers' since it is not an article.

    Value: [0 "" "" "05 Apr 2001 23:33:09 +0400" "" "" 0 0 "" nil]

Is there a way to find the real article from this function?

--

@ 2002-11-15 15:39     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-11-15 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

tbennett@nvidia.com (Tony E. Bennett) writes:

> I named the variable poorly.  It should probably be named
> 'article-headers' since it is not an article.
>
>     Value: [0 "" "" "05 Apr 2001 23:33:09 +0400" "" "" 0 0 "" nil]
>
> Is there a way to find the real article from this function?

The parameter is just a dummy, so you can't use it to find out what
the article number is.  Some dynamic variable will work, like
gnus-current-article.  Maybe gnus-tmp-article-number too.

* Re: how to write gnus-user-format-function-X that indicates 'ANSWERED'
@ 2002-11-15 15:57       ` Tony Bennett
From: Tony Bennett @ 2002-11-15 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> tbennett@nvidia.com (Tony E. Bennett) writes:
>
>> Is there a way to find the real article from this function?
>
> The parameter is just a dummy, so you can't use it to find out what
> the article number is.  Some dynamic variable will work, like
> gnus-current-article.  Maybe gnus-tmp-article-number too.

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed to know.

The magic word here is 'number', apparently.  This seems to work fine:

    (defun gnus-user-format-function-R (dummy)
      (if (memq number gnus-newsgroup-replied)
          "A"
        " "))

(I'm now about 85% as comfortable w/ gnus for mail as
 with vm :-)

--
--tony