From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Re: Need suggestions for changing agent's downloadable mark.
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:46:36 -0600	[thread overview]

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> Any idea where I could find this functionality? I thought that
> gnus-update-marks (gnus-sum.el) would be appropriate as it updates the
> info structure but no luck.  The same was true of
> gnus-gnus-to-quic-newsrc-format (gnus-start.el).  I think that your
> suggestion is reasonable, I just don't know where to start with the
> implementation.

Preface:
I hope this might be usefull, but I'm not conversant enough with cvs
to get or know if its even available.

There was a time during `quassia' gnus when messages that had been
expunged off the server would remain under News/agent but the agent
wouldn't know about it.  One might have hundreds of such articles.

The problem was posted and discussed for some time.  Several versions
I think.  But at some point, maybe near the end of quassia gnus.
Lars (and others) fixed that.  I'm pretty sure the code involved
checking the server active list against what was actually in the
directories.  Then recompiling the active list or something similar.

Maybe that situation was enough similar to have some tips for this
one.  My best guess it that it happened after quassia 21 or so.