* relationship of cached msg to the original msg
@ 2002-11-20 20:01 Tony E. Bennett
From: Tony E. Bennett @ 2002-11-20 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

oort.08 (11/18/02)

I've been using (gnus-cache-enter-article) to save nnimap
messages that I want to keep for a long time[1].

But I just realized that if I delete the original msg using
another imap reader, then the cached article seems to disappear
also.   I can see this would be useful, but in my case I'd prefer
for the cached msg to hang around until I explicitly delete it.

So is there a way to have cache'd articles in an nnimap group
persist even after the original article is deleted?

My hack for now is to create a parallel nnfolder mailbox for each
nnimap group and just move the articles I want to save there.
Then combine the each pair groups using nnvirtual.  This seems to
work ok, but is a little clunky and has some semantic issues.

--
--tony

[1] This imap server is set to delete mail older than 45 days; I
    was using this to hopefully save a few msgs a bit longer.