Hi Paul, || On 09 Apr 2001 14:39:58 -0400 || prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) wrote: >> But I still guess that'd be slower than nnml... pj> I haven't measured, but I don't see why it would be. nnmaildir pj> ... pj> (configurable) number of articles have their NOV data cached in pj> memory while the server is open. Hm. Yeah, this seems to have been my fault, I thought nnmaildir used bigger files. pj> Marks are very easy to manage. Suppose a message is stored in pj> ... pj> the number of articles tends to be closer to being right. pj> The new version is almost done - just a bit more debugging to do. So how far are you? How stable is it? At least it seems there is no documentation for it in the CVS version. pj> One thing you don't get with nnmaildir is splitting. Okay, that rules it out for me, unfortunately. I would have liked to give it a try, but I depend on mail splitting... no chance for me to manage my mail traffic otherwise. By the way: I just wondered whether there is a way to have the summary buffer sorted in a way that articles marked as "expirable" normally don't show up at all or are at least all sorted out to the end of the summary even when entering a group with no new mail. This is something I always wanted to do but never found in the docs. Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Brave GNU World (http://brave-gnu-world.org)