* New mail lost
@ 1999-02-18 14:58 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-02-18 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Today I had the following weird thing happen with my gnus setup. I
have a few mail groups (nnml), a few regular (nntp) news groups, and
one nntp news group from another ("foreign") server. Seems like this
morning my "main" news server was not working - at least gnus could
not refresh/enter either of its groups (which may be in some way
relevant to the real problem). But pressing g did fetch new mail
ok. After splitting the new mail got delivered into different mail
groups. Problem is, while some groups worked ok (i.e. I could enter
them and read new mail), others I could not enter (gnus saying "can't
select group"). *And* all new mail in them got marked as read (in the
*Group* buffer, after the failure to select group, the new articles
count got down to 0). In one of the groups that I could not read, I
had - among other - the "charset" parameter. After I did a 'G p',
deleted the charset line and saved the settings, I again could read
the group (although the new messages I haven't seen yet were still
marked as read). I can not see how the charset could interfere,
besides one other group that I still cannot read does not have a
charset setting, but probably setting *any* parameter could fix
things. BTW, all my mail groups have (display . all) and (visible
. t). I will be glad to provide any relevant info about my settings
etc. (The bug - if it is a gnus bug, and not somethig stupid in my
setup - seems serious enough to justify more looking into...)

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: New mail lost
@ 1999-02-19 17:07 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-19 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> After splitting the new mail got delivered into different mail
> groups. Problem is, while some groups worked ok (i.e. I could enter
> them and read new mail), others I could not enter (gnus saying
> "can't select group").

Are there mail in the nnml directories for these groups?