* MIME stuff
@ 1999-02-15 19:03 Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 1999-02-15 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

The MIME stuff still needs more documentation, I think.  I have a
couple of questions.

How do I get buttons for parts that are displayed inline?
Specifically, I often get patches sent as text/plain parts, which I'm
happy to have displayed inline, but I'd like a button so I can save
them easily.

How do I set things up so that message/external-body works sensibly?
For example, today I received a message with a message/external-body
(LOCAL-FILE), and the target was a Content-type: text/html.  Gnus can
display text/html reasonably well, but clicking on the button didn't
do anything useful.

Also, when I edited the message and saved it again (and the MIME->MML
and MML->MIME stuff is very cool, BTW), everything worked OK except
that the bodypart of the message/external-body (containing the
Content-type and Content-ID) was base64 encoded, which is specifically
disallowed by rfc2046, so I suspect a bug in the MML processing, or at
least a poor default (by default, it ought to produce 7bit, even
though I can't imagine MUAs failing to cope with base64 in this
context).

* Re: MIME stuff
@ 1999-02-16  3:59 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-02-16  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

> How do I get buttons for parts that are displayed inline?

`K b'

* Re: MIME stuff
@ 1999-02-16 19:37   ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 1999-02-16 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > How do I get buttons for parts that are displayed inline?
>
> `K b'

Perfect!  I suppose this is to punish me for not paying attention
during the MIME discussions on this mailing list.

* Re: MIME stuff
@ 1999-02-19 16:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-19 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

> How do I set things up so that message/external-body works sensibly?

Oh; that hasn't been implemented at all yet.  :-)

> Also, when I edited the message and saved it again (and the MIME->MML
> and MML->MIME stuff is very cool, BTW), everything worked OK except
> that the bodypart of the message/external-body (containing the
> Content-type and Content-ID) was base64 encoded, which is specifically
> disallowed by rfc2046, so I suspect a bug in the MML processing, or at
> least a poor default (by default, it ought to produce 7bit, even
> though I can't imagine MUAs failing to cope with base64 in this
> context).

Sounds like a bug, but I think it should wait until we actually
support message/external-body.