* entering draft group doesn't invoke (gnus-draft-mode) ?
@ 1999-01-16 20:06 Doug Bagley
From: Doug Bagley @ 1999-01-16 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

(using Pterodactyl Gnus 0.71)

If I start a message and save it, it goes into the draft group.  When
I later enter the draft group, the documented bindings like "D e"
don't work because the summary buffer isn't in draft mode, as it
should be?  If I execute M-x gnus-draft-mode, it looks okay.

Should this be default?  Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Doug

* Re: entering draft group doesn't invoke (gnus-draft-mode) ?
@ 1999-01-16 20:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-16 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Doug Bagley <doug@dejanews.com> writes:

> If I start a message and save it, it goes into the draft group.  When
> I later enter the draft group, the documented bindings like "D e"
> don't work because the summary buffer isn't in draft mode, as it
> should be?  If I execute M-x gnus-draft-mode, it looks okay.

What does `G E' on the group say?  It should look something like

("nndraft:drafts" 1
 ((1 . 16)
  (18 . 39)
  (41 . 45)
  (47 . 50)
  (52 . 53))
 nil
 (nndraft "")
 ((gnus-dummy
   (gnus-draft-mode))))

* Re: entering draft group doesn't invoke (gnus-draft-mode) ?
@ 1999-01-16 21:25   ` Doug Bagley
From: Doug Bagley @ 1999-01-16 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What does `G E' on the group say?  It should look something like
>
> ("nndraft:drafts" 1
>  ((1 . 16)
>   (18 . 39)
>   (41 . 45)
>   (47 . 50)
>   (52 . 53))
>  nil
>  (nndraft "")
>  ((gnus-dummy
>    (gnus-draft-mode))))

Hmm, all I have is this:

("nndraft:drafts" 1
 ((1 . 4)
  (6 . 15))
 nil
 (nndraft ""))

I don't know how that happened.  But I presume to fix it I need to get
out the customizer swiss army knife, so I "G c" on the draft group and
tried to enter a group specific variable hook hack thing like this:

[INS] [DEL] Variable: gnus-dummy
            Value: (gnus-draft-mode)

and it doesn't work.  So I type it in like this:

[INS] [DEL] Variable: gnus-dummy
            Value: ((gnus-draft-mode))

and it does work.  The input syntax here doesn't seem intuitive ... but
I didn't grow up using lisp.

Cheers,
Doug