* Not unique topics
@ 2009-01-05  0:14 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-01-05  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

currently, there is no way to have several topics with the same
name even if these topics have different parent topics.

For example, I can't have this scheme:

toto
 titi
tata
 titi

Gnus will complain for the second Tn titi RET. Is there any
reason not to be able to do such thing ? How hard would it be to
change that ?

Regards

Xavier

* Re: Not unique topics
@ 2010-08-30  2:46 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-08-30  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

> For example, I can't have this scheme:
>
> toto
>  titi
> tata
>  titi
>
> Gnus will complain for the second Tn titi RET. Is there any
> reason not to be able to do such thing ? How hard would it be to
> change that ?

I seem to recall that the topic names have to be unique for the group
buffer commands to be able to jump to them and stuff.