* Re: everything considered spam by default!
@ 2003-10-29 14:45 ` Ian Dobbie
From: Ian Dobbie @ 2003-10-29 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I have the following rules:
>
>         (: spam-split 'spam-use-regex-headers)
>         (any "help-gnu-emacs"                   "INBOX/Emacs/Help")
>         (any "info-gnus-english"                "INBOX/Emacs/Gnus")
>         (... many other specific rules ...)
>         (: spam-split)
>         "INBOX/Misc"
>
> Nothing is ever going into INBOX/Misc.  If it does not match the specific
> rule it is considered spam.  Is this just due to lack of training or did I
> screw something up?

I suspect that you need to train it on some ham. If you did some spam
training (either from stuff lying around, or new spam coming in) then
bogofilter only has zero or negative things to say about words in the
mail. You need some ham to give it an idea about what you do want to
see. I would suggest that you set you INBOX/Misc folder to be ham [1],
unread a messages then register them as ham. That should get things working.

ian

[1] via, eg...
 (custom-set-variables '(gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
   '(("INBOX/Misc" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham))))

* everything considered spam by default!
@ 2003-10-30 14:17 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com