* sender name on followup is not extracted properly for certain kinds of From headers...
@ 2003-05-15  9:42 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2003-05-15  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

this is probably a bug in supercite (not gnus), but anyway...

i use the following setup:

(setq sc-preferred-header-style 0
      sc-rewrite-header-list '((my-header-line-generator))
      sc-citation-leader " "
      sc-confirm-always-p nil
      sc-preferred-attribution-list
      '( "x-attribution" "initials" "firstname" "sc-lastchoice" )
      )

(defun my-header-line-generator ()
  (let ((sc-mumble "")
	(whofrom (sc-whofrom)))
    (if whofrom
	(insert sc-reference-tag-string
		(sc-hdr "\"" (sc-mail-field "sc-attribution") "\" == ")
		(sc-hdr ""   (sc-mail-field "sc-author") " ")
		"writes:\n"))))

when the From header looks like in this email, i.e.
 From: <vvv@vsu.ru> (Vladimir Volovich)

and i followup on that email, gnus doesn't seem to grok the sender
correctly, and prepares the buffer which contains

  writes:

instead of

"VV" == Vladimir Volovich writes:

It seems that (sc-mail-field "sc-attribution") and (sc-mail-field
"sc-author") do not work as expected for the From: syntax shown above.

Does anyone know how to fix that? Is this my fault, or it's a bug in
supercite?

Best,
v.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-15  9:42 UTC | newest]