* Symbol's value as variable is void: lpr-command
@ 2003-01-20  3:42 Vasily Korytov
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2003-01-20  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just updatet Oort from CVS. When (require ...)'ing gnus-load it
stops with the error: Symbol's value as variable is void: lpr-command.
If I define lpr-command, the same is for lpr-switches.

When I define both prior to (require 'gnus-load), it works again.

The problem is in file mailcap.el, in the following strings:

(defvar mailcap-print-command
  (mapconcat 'identity
             (cons lpr-command
                   (if (stringp lpr-switches)
                       (list lpr-switches)
                     lpr-switches))
             " ")
  "Shell command (including switches) used to print Postscript files.")

Currently I can't find the XEmacs equivalent of lpr-command and
lpr-swithes (assuming, there're some), and would suggest checking for
these variables, if they're not bound, setting them to "lpr" and "". Can
anyone suggest a better way?

---Vas