From: Jon Allen Boone <tex@delamancha.org>
Subject: Problem with gnus-posting-styles
Date: 11 Jul 2001 20:14:45 -0400	[thread overview]

Folks,

    I'm having a problem with Gnus v5.8.7/Xemacs 21.1 (patch 14).

    After all of the recent discussion that lead to the conclusion that
  gnus-posting-styles might be beneficial to folks who read email from
  home and work in the same Gnus, I decided to implement a posting-style
  setup myself.  I consulted the info pages and came up with the
  following lisp function and alist for posting styles:

  (defun posting-from-home-p ()
    "Determine whether the user is posting from home or not."
    (interactive)
    (y-or-n-p (message "Are you posting from home?")))

  (setq gnus-posting-styles
        '((".*"
	 (signature-file "~/.signature.athy")
	 (name "Jon Allen Boone")
	 (address "jboone@appliedtheory.com"))
        ((posting-from-home-p)
         (signature-file "~/.signature.home")
         (address "tex@delamancha.org"))))

    This works fine for me, *except* when I try to use the
  gnus-summary-followup (bound to 'f') or the
  gnus-summary-followup-with-original (bound to 'F') functions.   With
  either of these two functions, the cursor simply alternates between
  the "I"-shaped cursor and the "clock" cursor that indicates something
  is happening.  This goes on until I finally stop it with ^G - after 10
  or 20 seconds.

    In a vain attempt at pretending to do something useful, I turned on
  lisp debug-on-entry for my function and the strange behavior with the
  followup functions occurs prior to entering my function.  This
  behavior did not occur prior to my setting up posting styles.

-jon
--
Jon Allen Boone