* Forwarding big attachment.
@ 2001-01-15  9:36 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-01-15  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.
Someone emailed me a huge picture as an attachment.  I decided to
forward it to another mail account I have for some good reason which
now escapes me.  I entered the group and had the appropriate article
displayed, and typed 'S o m' since that is the keystroke I can
remember when I need to forward things.

  Now gnus decided it needed to decode the attachments and re-encode
before forwarding.  This was wretched, as they were big base64
attachments, and this is a slow old sun machine.  If I ask nicely I
might get a newer emacs installed which can do base64 ..coding more
quickly, but is it really necessary for gnus to decode then recode
when forwarding?

--
.   Paul Stevenson   .   Research Fellow   .   University of Surrey     .
.     phone: +44 (0) 1483 876795     .     fax +44 (0) 1483 876781      .