* Weird subject wrapping
@ 2000-09-07 22:54 Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2000-09-07 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

Gnus 5.8.8 from CVS, Emacs 20.7.  For some reason, subject line
"Subject: Auttakaahan DR:n koneen kanssa, Murphy iski jälleen"
ends up being
"Subject: Auttakaahan DR:n koneen kanssa, Murphy iski
  =?iso-8859-1?q?j=E4lleen?="
in the article that is actually sent to news server.  I've faced a
similar case before; also that time the line after split started
with =?iso... stuff.

Is this some sort of a feature (how to disable it?) or a bug?  That
is, what I'm worried about is the wrapping plus those two extra
spaces (so that Gnus displays the subject "...iski   jälleen", which
is ugly and I don't even dare to imagine how other news readers
display that), not the encoding which of course I know is a feature.

--
Hannu