* Problems changing user id's in Gnus
@ 1999-05-16  4:53 Doug Alcorn
From: Doug Alcorn @ 1999-05-16  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have used gnus for a while.  I would not call myself an advanced
user though.  I just got the .gnus.el file setup the way I wanted it
and left it alone.  The problem comes in that I changed the login ID
for my linux box where I run gnus.  I have had several problems since
then.

Mainly, gnus doesn't remember how many messages or unread messages I
have when I start gnus. It just shows "*:*" for the group message
counts.  My configuration is that my primary select method is nntp
with my ISP's news server.  My secondary select method is nntp using
procmail as my local delivery agent.  It splits my mail into multiple
files that gnus reads.  This used to work all quite well.

Anyway, any suggestions?
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo /  doug@lathi.net (new)

* Re: Problems changing user id's in Gnus
@ 1999-06-12 23:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-06-12 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net> writes:

> Mainly, gnus doesn't remember how many messages or unread messages I
> have when I start gnus. It just shows "*:*" for the group message
> counts.  My configuration is that my primary select method is nntp
> with my ISP's news server.

It kinda sounds like Gnus isn't able to get any information on any of
the groups, which is kinda strange...

* Problems changing user id's in Gnus
@ 1999-05-16  5:35 Doug Alcorn
From: Doug Alcorn @ 1999-05-16  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry if this hits the list twice, I didn't get a copy of it the last
time I sent it...

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1066 bytes --]