* Simon Josefsson writes: > There is an effort to standardize the features from X-PGP:, > X-PGP-ID: etc into OpenPGP:, see: > http://josefsson.org/openpgp-header/ > While general comments are appreciated, what I'd like to ask here > is whether Gnus should try to generate this header automatically? > Note the key word 'try'. Indeed. > Exactly how Gnus can determine whether the user has a working OpenPGP > installation isn't obvious. Check whether ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf exists > and use the key id from the 'default-key' token in that file? And if `default-key' isn't set? You could also take the id from `pgg-default-user-id'. > OTOH, even if that test succeed, it is not clear that the user wishes > to add the header to all messages she sends. And she may even want different OpenPGP: headers for different messages (business/private). > Perhaps it would be sufficient to make it easy to optionally ask Gnus > to set the header. Right now I don't think it is simple enough, `gnus-posting-styles' of course. > What do you think? Nice idea. Especially if Gnus can be made to use the header to snarf the key into the local keyring. -- |---------------------| | Te audire no possum. | | Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. | |-------------------------------------|