* I'm losing mail (remix)
@ 2003-03-31  0:53 Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2003-03-31  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry folks, seems I fell off the list, which is why I'm responding to
this thread in such an annoying way.

In followups to my original article "I'm losing mail":

Kai wrote:
 > Weird.  It isn't duplicate suppression, is it?  See variable
 > nnmail-treat-duplicates.

No.  I do have `nnmail-treat-duplicates' set to 'delete, but setting
it to 'warn didn't help.

 > Suppose your Incoming* file contains message A and then the followup
 > B from you.  Maybe the followup B is contained in message A?  That
 > would indicate a hosed mbox format.

Nope.

Vasily Korytov wrote:
 > Are they put into the mail group, but not shown to you, or deleted?

No, they are not making it into the mail group.

 > If the latter, do you have (setq nnmail-treat-duplicates 'delete)
 > somewhere?

Yes I do, but see above.

Lars wrote:
 > You haven't taken to scoring down your own followup messages?  :-)

Hehehe, nope.  I have