I think the two main reasons are that it simply doesn't fit into my usage patterns, and it appears to not do anything useful in (S)XEmacs. I had it enabled for a week or thereabouts and in that time it collected 13 addresses. Of that 13, 3 were my own address for testing the thing, another 7 were from mailing lists and so useless as gnus-parameters takes care of those. That left 3 possibly useful ones. Well, not, that useful, these 3 were already in my BBDB. :-) The only thing I ever saw ecomplete do was to display the first match in the echo area. I could not find a way to make it either cycle or display other matches. And I could not find a way to make it put anything in the To: header for me. Is it supposed to? I would have thought so. But what really killed it for me... was that enabling ecomplete disables abbrev-mode in message-mode. Man, I can't live without my abbrevs. :-) I did notice that if the addresses are collected with a ENT-enabled[1] SXEmacs I got errors in non-ENT SXEmacsen.[2] Lars, I hope you find this feedback useful. And yeah, I'm happy to test future versions. :-) Footnotes: [1] XEmacs equiv is "bignum" (21.5 only) [2] I think I mentioned this in another thread. -- |---------------------| | I am Dyslexic of Borg. | | Fusistance is retile. Your arse will be laminated. | |---------------------------------------|