* including contrib stuff in compile
@ 2003-04-02 21:11 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2003-04-02 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I have a moderately old emacs (20.3) on which I run ognus.  I need to
use the base64.el from the contrib directory, but I've forgotten how
to run configure or make or whatever to make sure this happens.
Anyone care to enlighten me?

thanks,
Paul

* Re: including contrib stuff in compile
@ 2003-04-03 13:48 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-03 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Stevenson <paul@gleet.org.uk> writes:

> I have a moderately old emacs (20.3) on which I run ognus.  I need to
> use the base64.el from the contrib directory, but I've forgotten how
> to run configure or make or whatever to make sure this happens.
> Anyone care to enlighten me?

Maybe you have to add the contrib directory to load-path.  I can't
recall that there was another way to do it, except manually.

* Re: including contrib stuff in compile
@ 2003-04-03 15:29   ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2003-04-03 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Paul Stevenson <paul@gleet.org.uk> writes:
>
>> I have a moderately old emacs (20.3) on which I run ognus.  I need to
>> use the base64.el from the contrib directory, but I've forgotten how
>> to run configure or make or whatever to make sure this happens.
>> Anyone care to enlighten me?
>
> Maybe you have to add the contrib directory to load-path.  I can't
> recall that there was another way to do it, except manually.

To the load-path in my .emacs.el?  That doesn't seem to work.  Do I
need to play around with the Makefile?  How would I go about doing it
manually?

@ 2003-04-03 16:51     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-03 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Stevenson <paul@gleet.org.uk> writes:

> To the load-path in my .emacs.el?

Yes.

> That doesn't seem to work.

What did you try, and what happened then?

> Do I need to play around with the Makefile?  How would I go about
> doing it manually?

Hm.  Maybe you need it for *compiling* Gnus?  In that case, adding
the contrib dir to load-path in ~/.emacs won't help.  Hm.

* Re: including contrib stuff in compile
@ 2003-04-09  1:04 ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2003-04-09  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

|--==> "PS" == Paul Stevenson <paul@gleet.org.uk> writes:

  PS> Hi,
  PS> I have a moderately old emacs (20.3) on which I run ognus.  I need to
  PS> use the base64.el from the contrib directory, but I've forgotten how
  PS> to run configure or make or whatever to make sure this happens.
  PS> Anyone care to enlighten me?

Just move the files from the contrib directory that you want into the
lisp directory.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 10D5C9C5>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |