From: Steve Youngs <steve@youngs.au.com>
Subject: Re: timers and itimers
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:43:38 +1000	[thread overview]

* Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

  > What I wished to say is that removing of run-at-time.el troubles
  > users of XEmacs 21.4.14 and older and XEmacs 21.5.17 and older.

Well, run-at-time.el doesn't exist in the 5.10 branch, so we have no
worries there.  And most of the people who use Gnus CVS HEAD would
more than likely be the type to keep their XEmacs and XEmacs packages
up to date as well.

Having to keep auxiliary software up to date to be able to run bleeding
edge development software like Gnus is normal.  It's just the price
you pay.

We could always put a test in gnus-xmas.el to check for the buggy
itimer.el and warn the user that they may experience problems and
should upgrade their XEmacs...

,----
`----

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |