From: aharon@healdb.matat.health.gov.il (Aharon (Al) Schkolnik)
Subject: Renumbering articles in mail groups
Date: 21 Mar 1996 16:16:54 +0300	[thread overview]

Hi all.

	A few days ago, I reported that total-expiry was very
slow. Lars explained that the problem is that the articles in some of
my groups are "widely spread". That is, there is a large gap between
the number of the first article in the group and the last article in
the group. This is caused by ticking articles, and leaving them in the
group for a long time, and in the meantime ticking newer article. Now,
I'm wondering if there is a clean way to have gnus renumber the
articles. I use babyl. Following are Lars and my messages.

TIA.

Aharon

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   Aharon@Matat.Health.Gov.IL