From: Mark Hovey <hovey@math.mit.edu>
Subject: Return vs. Linefeed
Date: 01 Oct 1996 07:10:56 -0400	[thread overview]

I just upgraded to Red Gnus 5.2.40 from an ancient version of September
Gnus.  Since I am a low-end user, the main change I noticed is that it
is much faster now.  Thank you for that!

I do have a complaint/question though.  In the old version, in the new
newsgroup dialog (You know: Descend hirearchy rec ([y]nsq)?), if I hit
return it would do the default (y in this case).  Now it beeps at me
when I hit return, but if I hit linefeed (\C-j) it does the default.

I don't like this behavior.  Why was it instituted?  I know I could fix
it by a suitable keymap change, but I would have to go hacking through
the gnus lisp files to find the right place.

Lars, are you interested in changing this back? If not, do you know
which lisp file I should look at to figure out how to do it myself?

               Mark Hovey