From: Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: prompt for smtp
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 14:36:16 +0200	[thread overview]

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

>> lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

>>> (setq send-mail-function 'sendmail-send-it)
>>>
>>> in ~/.emacs.  I've removed what the customise stuff put into emacs
>>> (which meant the same anyway).  It looks like it's emacs who's asking,
>>> not gnus.
>>
>> Yes, I upgraded bzr emacs.
>>
>> It should have some form of tab completion if possible to at least hint
>> what its looking for.
>>
>> thanks!
>
> OK, I tried this, and it's still prompting. If I revert to n-017 its
> fine.

Ok, something hiccupped along the line. I now have it working - using
the gnus with emacs 24 trunk. I deleted the query variable put in my
custom.el as lee mentioned and restarted with the send function variable
, send-mail-function, set to "sendmail-send-it". I think that emacs
shouldnt prompt you for an smtp server if its set to this value since
gnus does not have to talk directly to an smtp server.

regards

r.