* Feature request: time dependent hiliting
@ 1996-10-01 14:54 David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1996-10-01 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I'd find it extremely useful if groups could be colored based on
the amount of time since I last read them.  Or perhaps on a time to the
oldest unread article (although that might be more difficult).  There
are a few groups which tend to have low traffic, so I prefer to let
messages accumulate and read them in batches, but I need to watch out
for news server expiry.  It'd also be good to know just how long it's
been since I haven't read someone's mail.

	Hmm, I guess in the mail case using the oldest unread article
would be good, because I sometimes 'M c' a messsage when I want to get
back to it.  I use '!' to let me know about things which I'm going to
relook at again for myself, as opposed to sending someone a reply.

	With VM I used labels for some of these, by labeling mail to
which I needed to reply and having those available in a seperate virtual
group.  This doesn't help with newsgroups, and I would think time info
for mail would be better than the labels.

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | SysAdmin/Programmer       __o
UCSD Dept. of Anesthesiology - 0629 | Work: (619) 534-3865    _ \<,_